The intended relocation and upgrade of 2 container cranes generated the need for a study on the impact of the performance increase on the crane integrity and the different infra structural conditions of the new location.
Amongst others the following issues were studied:
- recalculation of wind force and impact on wheel loads
- change in wheel configuration
- buffer situation at end stops and adjacent cranes
- installed motor power, brake power and power distribution
- wheel- and rail loads on new locationtravelling dynamics (skew, wind influence etc.)