Kleiss Cranes Consultants have a wide knowledge of container terminal equipment which can help Port Authorities in their pre-studies on technical requirements of infrastructure and the impact of equipment on that infrastructure.
The load impact of cranes and mobile equipment on rails and aprons can be over- or underestimated resulting in under-sizing or over-specifying of infra structure design.
Based on the terminals operational requirement KPI’s and expected vessel size we make estimates and pre-designs which result in proposals for:
- crane wheel load and bogie configuration
- storm pin- and tie down pit design
- economic rail selection
- buffer forces and configuration
- electrical power supply average and peak power requirements
- bollard positions in relation to rail- and fender